SubmitTING a film to EFFA
Submissions for the 2016 festival officially closed on Sunday 5th June. If you have an inquiry about submissions, please use the contact us form.
To keep informed about submissions opening for 2017, and for monthly updates about the festival, please subscribe to our newsletter.
If you've submitted a film this year, you will receive an update on selection of your submission via email in early July.
Our 2016 programme will be announced at the festival launch party in Melbourne on August 25th.
What DOES EFFA SEEK for submissions?
For the 2017 festival, we will consider films that are:
- short or feature length
- documentary or narrative
- produced anywhere in the world
- Broadly address a subject matter related to the environment – e.g. relationship to nature, sustainability, environmental impacts.
- Have been completed after 1 January 2015.
- Be in English, or with English subtitles (where there is dialogue)
Environmental film encompasses a huge range of possibilities. At EFFA we screen films that encourage thought, inspire action and reconnect our audience with the natural world. The spectrum of topics we consider is broad, from wilderness to eco-art, from sustainability to activism and more.
HOW does effA support filmmakers?
The EFFA Programming Team works with filmmakers and distributors to promote selected films extensively to our growing audience base and the people of Australia. We seek media opportunities for selected filmmakers and work with them and relevant local and national organisations to raise awareness about topics covered in the chosen films.
Should you be able to make it to Australia for the Festival, we will show you a great time! Media and networking opportunities, community events, films and of course parties are all potential perks!
Film submissions must be provided either in DVD format on via an online screener eg. Vimeo or YouTube, with a link and password (if required). DVDs must be region-free or playable in Australia.
Deadlines and SUBMISSION fees
Submissions closed on Sunday 5 June 2016 (updated date). Submissions for 2017 will open in 2017. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive future notifications about the festival.
Fee AUS$30 (student fee AUS$15)
Payments must be in Australian dollars
- The submission fee is non-refundable
- Submissions with unpaid entry fees will not be considered for selection
- To qualify for the student submission fee you must send in a copy of a valid student identification
The Festival does not pay screening fees for submitted films. We choose instead to invest our resources in producing the best possible showcase for your work and promoting your work as widely as possible.
- Cheque: payable to “Environmental Film Festival Australia”.
- PayPal: Use the payment ID: email@example.com with the full film title and primary contact name in the description.
- Direct Deposit: Contact for shaun(at)effa.org.au for details
If you would like your DVD screener returned, please include a self-addressed postage-paid return envelope. Preview DVDs should be sent to the PO Box 24049, Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC 3001.
For films submitted by the 2016 June 5th deadline, you will be notified in July 2016 about whether or not your film has been selected